CONTACT & RESOURCES
GET IN TOUCH
With deep gratitude to my teachers. Dedicated to all those who persevere.
There is a growing body of research regarding trauma, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and healing methodologies as well as an already vast body of work devoted to yoga and meditation. The suggested resources are a small selection of books and websites that provide greater insight into these topics as well as extensive references to other resources.
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind and Body in the Healing of Trauma - Bessel Van der Kolk, M.D.
- Clinical Implications of Neuroscience Research in PTSD - Bessel Van der Kolk, M.D.
- Getting Past Your Past - Francine Shapiro, Ph.D.
- The Biology of Belief - Bruce Lipton, Ph.D.
- Science of Breath: A Practical Guide - Swami Rama and Rudolph Ballentine, M.D. and Alan Hymes, M.D.
- The Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love and Wisdom - Rick Hanson, Ph.D and Richard Mendius, M.D.
- Warriors at Peace - Neal Pollack
- Health, Healing and Beyond: Yoga and the Living Tradition of T. Krishnamacharya - T.K.V Desikachar and R.H. Cravens
- The Mirror on Yoga: Awakening the Intelligence of the Body and Mind - Richard Freeman
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR) Training at Eastern Mennonite University
- Warriors at Ease
- Justice Resource Institute
**Additional studies and research regarding trauma and the effectiveness of somatic techniques such as yoga and meditation can be found on the Warriors at East and Justice Resource Institute websites